Wednesday 24 December 2014

Halo Clinic - Week 2.5

Halo clinic came early this week! Since no one wants to be working on Boxing Day.

One of my pins is infected-- actually, the technical terms used by the medical staff were "grodey" and "squiffy". So in addition to the topical cleaner, I'm now on antibiotics. Fortunately for the holiday season, not one of the ones that interact with alcohol. However, it is one of the ones that needs to be taken on an empty stomach. Good luck with that over Christmas!

'tis the season




The doctor who was so kind to me in hospital gave me the prescription, so I was finally able to learn her identity. I also learnt that she is hella pregnant! The things you miss when you are staring at the ceiling.

A new family came in with a halo this week. Given that I have lived exactly twice as long with a halo as they have, I shared a few of my handy tips for sleeping and felt like a hero. I felt bad for him. The first week is definitely the toughest. But you can adapt in no time as long as you just ~believe in yourself, and get enough sleep~. Everything is better with enough sleep.

After coming home from clinic I cooked a bajillion ginger bread cookies. Coles was sold out of cookie cutters so I made shapes with a glass. I was originally going to bring them to a Xmas dinner hosted by my friends Annie and Aaron at their new place, but unfortunately the cookies weren't cold enough in time to take the icing, so now I unfortunately have to eat them all myself. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment