Monday 9 February 2015

Good Things About Being an Angel

Let's play the positivity game and list a couple of ways the vest has benefited me! 
  • Bartenders and wait staff fall over themselves to help you.
    • At High Tea the other day we waited for 15 minutes for a fresh batch of sandwiches. I stuck my hand up, and the waitress was right there.
  • Strangers become very helpful
    • A woman saw I was trying to blindly put my phone in my bag and kindly and unexpectedly lifted my bag for me, to my total confusion because I couldn't see what was happening.
  • Weight loss
    • The vest is a rigid shell fitting right over my stomach. There is a hard limit to how much I can fit in my belly at any one time. That, together with increased energy requirements, means that I have lost 5kg! Yippee! 
      • (I hope that's not all muscle.)
  • You don't have your head falling down awkwardly when you fall asleep watching TV.
  • You never have to be designated driver. 
  • You can drink your wine with a straw.
  • Rock-hard abs.

So many wins! Looks like I might have to keep the vest around after it comes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment