Friday 23 January 2015

So, how's the weather (antenna on top of your head)?

I am starting to have a gutful of the halo. It seems to be all I talk about anymore. I do like having an easy conversation starter, and I appreciate that people ask because they care and are genuinely interested. But I have said the same thing about sleeping approximately 98 times ("Yeah, I sleep fine, on my side usually, and with something next to my cheek so it doesn't feel like my head's hovering in air"). And I have said the same thing about showering about 49 times ("I hose down my bottom half and rub the top half with a flannel. Can't wait for a shower!"). And I have said why I have the halo probably about 20 times ("I fell off a waterslide on to my head.")

I should come up with some more amusing answers before I go to tomorrow's birthday party with lots of interested, well-meaning people. For my amusement.

--

I left something behind in my halo clinic today. The nurse came running after me to return it. I said to her, "Thanks, I would forget my head if it wasn't screwed on."

Far out, I'm funny.

--

Speaking of funny, had the best encounter in the shopping centre the other day. Waiting in line at JB HiFi to purchase a Chromecast (It's great!). An elderly man made a bee-line right for me and stood nose-to-nose staring at me, eyes agog. "Are you real?" He gaped.
"Yes, I'm real. I broke my neck."
He turned to his carer/companion. "Is she real? She says she's real."

Bless his lil old soul. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment