Friday 30 January 2015

Halo Clinic - Week Eight

The left posterior pin has broken a perfect run and lost pressure for the first time, decreasing from 8 to 5. The tightening was unusually unpleasant and has left me with a bit of a headache. However, it has answered the question of, has the screw fused with my skull? Apparently not yet.

The nurse also confirmed what everyone was wondering and said that, "The infection was deep. We were basically down to the bone". Totally unlikely, but I just can't shake the paranoia that when I lie down, the pin will puncture through some rotten skull and pop my brain. That's what I get for scholar googling "halo brace complications" and learning the phrase, "cerebrospinal fluid leakage from a halo pinhole".

Don't never trust Dr Google!

Also, I hope I'm as classy a bobblehead as Clooney when the halo comes off. We have similar haircuts.


Stay gold, George.

No comments:

Post a Comment